Cavaliers Regiment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recount of the Warlock-case

4 posters

Go down

Recount of the Warlock-case Empty Recount of the Warlock-case

Post  Molyra Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:04 am

The first task of the Regiment, when it was founded, was the apprehension (or at least stopping) of an evil warlock. The Cathedral appointed captain Selm, being a holy shiny Paladin and all, to take care of the evil warlock that was spreading doom and gloom from inside Stormwind, thus trying to destabilize the city and its defences. Unfortunately, this warlock has eluded captain Selm a number of times before, so he called upon the Regiment to aid him in this task. Needless to say the Regiment was eager to perform this task.

When captain Selm talked about this in our first Regiment-meeting, our then sergeant Valya, Night Elf Druid extra-ordinaire, sensed upcoming danger. She became more and more panicky and then Molly lost control of her hands, feeling the arcane ooze out through no means of herself, and then sergeant Valya... disappeared.

Captain immediately went to the Cathedral to let the Bishop know of this turn of events. After he left, a Dwarf by the name of Inarmstrong came in, along with his Crocolisk pet. This Dwarf was outright rude to the three ladies left behind, Molly, Zelnagha and a Draenei named Unthriia. He, however, kept his life because he claimed he had a message from the warlock behind the kidnap of Valya. Kidnap? Yes, kidnap! The Regiment was to leave the warlock be, or she, the warlock, would make sure Valya would never be returned to us. Well, no-one makes a threat to the Regiment and lives to tell the tale, was the general opinion. There was a fight, insults flew across the room, Unthriia got bitten in the leg by the Crocolisk and rude Inarmstrong fled the scene. Good riddens. As you may have guessed, there was no intention to let the warlock in peace.

The following morning, sergeant Valya was found in the Stormwind Park. She was shook up, ofcourse, and besides the headaches she had a stone thrusted in her forehead. A blue, shiny, glinstering, hard-to-miss stone, put there by her kidnapper. She had no recollection of what happened after she was kidnapped, just the she had heard voices... Elven voices. She couldn't make out what they were saying, though. After she had had a warm drink, to abide her shivers, she tried to remove the stone out of her forehead. Well, long story short, that was big mistake. Valya almost died, if it wasn't for the healing powers of Unthriia present at the scene. Zelnagha and Molly were then set to the task of gathering as much information as possible on stones in foreheads.

They found out disturbing things. The stone was not just decoration, but a mind-channeling device, that could be used to read Valya's thoughts and to speak through her mouth, filling her head with thoughts different then her own. Very dark magic. Fortunately, Zelnagha, accomplished alchemist, found a mixture of potions that would help in the removal of the stone. Valya couldn't be allowed to have an evil warlock listen in on her thoughts. She, after all, was an officer and her thoughts could have led the warlock to know about the Captains' whereabouts, which would surely not help in the capture of the warlock. For her own safety, Valya would spend time in the Cathedrals' cellars, where she could do no harm if the warlock would channel herself through Valya.

After having fetched a number of ingredients for Zelnagha's potions (purple lotusses, Aquamarines, firebloom, and so on) and under the authority of holy shiny Paladinny captain Selm, we gathered again for the removal of Valya's stone. First we had to break the bonds the stone had made with Valya's mind. Only then could we take the stone out without killing Valya. As soon as Zelnagha started to concoct the potions necessary, the warlock started to resist, putting up one hell of a fight, channelling through Valya's body. She cursed us all to the Twisting Nether and back, she kicked and screamed, she even tried to kill Valya by making her body-temperature rise. Valya's body became so heated that it was almost impossible for us to contain her. All present sustained serious burns, except for Molly, who has frosty hands (part of mage powers) and used her frost to cool down Valya's body. Thanks to Selm's exorcism experience, we at last managed to sever the stone's ties to Valya, after which we could pry it out of her forehead.

Now that we had Valya back safe and sound, we doubled our efforts to catch the warlock responsible, make your pay... Especially Zelnagha longed for revenge. Then, the Dwarf Inarmstrong contacted Unthriia. He had second thoughts about his employer and decided to rat her out to us. He had intercepted his mistress talking about the Deadmines and figured that she would be there. The Regiment immediately ventured there, searching every corner for her... but to no such luck. No warlock. As Molly searched Van Cleef's dead body, she found a note in his pockets.
It came from the warlock, expressing her gratitude for all the dead bodies Van Cleef sent here, so that she could perform the rituals needed to create an army of undead. Undead, because she knew about Captain Selm's adversity of undead. She hoped to scare him so much with her army, that he would surrender. Or at least, stop hunting her down. "Those pesky nosy Cavaliers must be stopped", it said. The note also said that she would be performing her ritual that very night, in the cellars in Mage Quarter of Stormwind.

As soon as Molly had touched the note, she started to feel light-headed. The Regiment ofcourse hurried to the Mage Quarter cellars, but Molly collapsed before she got there. The sheer evilness of that note inside her pockets, at close proximity, sucked the life-force out of her. She stayed behind, while the others went to capture the warlock, preferably before she finished her ritual.

Down at the cellars, captain Selman, Valya, Zelnagha, Unthriia and Fra'd found the warlock allright. Down on her knees, facing the wall-hung skulls, she was burning foul-smelling herbs and chanting dark words, making strange movements with her hands. Only when the ritual ended, she turned around to look at the Cavaliers defiantly. In a swift move, she knocked out Selm and put her dagger against unconscious Selm's throat, realising she would never leave the cellars unharmed if she had no hostage. A few defiant words and insults were exchanged, when a Night Elf suddenly appeared. He must have sensed Zelnagha's burning rage, because he convinced her to kill the warlock on the spot. Which she did... an impressive sight, Zelnagha in action. The Night Elf thanked the Regiment, saying how the Old Gods would appreciate the help from the Regiment. Before he vanished, he mentioned how the Regiment would surely meet with him again, leaving them in confusion.

As the warlock was slain, her army of Undead were no more either. The threat against the City was gone and Molly fortunately recovered fast as the warlock was there no more. The strange appearance of the Night Elf however was fuel for many speculations. We haven't seen him since, although he seemed like the kind of man to keep his word.

Without a doubt, to be continued....

Molyra

Back to top Go down

Recount of the Warlock-case Empty Re: Recount of the Warlock-case

Post  Selman Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:35 pm

It seems a fine job you've done here, love. Only a detail that "warlock wanted to summon undead army to scare Selm away" I am not sure about. I cannot remember was she to summon undeads or do some spell that'd destroy Stormwind, maybe something else. Hah, man do a plot and then do not remember it*chuckles from his own stupidity*. Stil, very good job, cool that you were in mood to write it down with such a details, and "with a good pen", as we do say in my ****** ( which means "with cool writing style" ). Hail!^^
Selman
Selman
Admin

Location : Middle Europe, though sometimes I feel like Azeroth

https://cavaliersregiment.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Z_Blackraven Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:51 pm

And how about my little zel's crushing blows on warlock? Damn Zelnagha was about to crack her skull with her mace... Why didnt you write it? ^^

More Blood & Gore!
Z_Blackraven
Z_Blackraven

Back to top Go down

Post  Molyra Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:00 pm

Thanks Selm, for the high praise. I guess I got inspired.

And Zelnagha, Molly wasn't there to bear witness, so that bit I got from hearsay. But now everyone will know that you'd gladly crushed her skull, brains splattering all around, oozing slowly from the wall onto the floor, your mighty mace dripping blood near your hooves. That better? *grins*
Molyra
Molyra

http://www.cavaliersregiment.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Z_Blackraven Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:13 pm

Better and better, me and zel happy ^^
Z_Blackraven
Z_Blackraven

Back to top Go down

Post  Frad_St Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:02 pm

i must agree as i read this i remember it all like a movie in my head, maybe you should have mention that after the episode Frád more or less went mad^^ yelling in both orcish and gutterspeak
Frad_St
Frad_St

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down